Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Books, books, books! (We need 'em)

Books, books, books! (We need 'em) 8 years 5 months ago #2686

• PoeyJoey
  • Mod
  • Thank you received: 14
Hey there citizens, donators, mentors, mods, admins, and everyone else! So some of you may have heard about the great library that is being built. Now, some of you have already jumped at this news and have already started writing books for it. That's great! But now with all these books being written, we are starting to run into new problem. Grammar, spelling, and the like. Now, it is easily fixable with a little proofreading, but the next problem arises with the way that Minecraft's book and quills work. You can't go back to a specific word to edit it unless it's the last word typed on the page. This makes editing rather long books difficult. So what I ask of you, the people of BossSMP, is to write your books in a word document, or any other text editor, where you could easily edit and send the file to others. After you write your book, you can send it to me via email, dropbox, etc. (Whatever works best for you)so I can proofread it for you and type it up into a book. I will then show you the book, and if it looks good, you can sign the book, title it, and we'll take it to be put in with the other books when the library is finished.

Now, we do have many people writing books for us already, but we want to involve everyone! If you have an idea for a book, go ahead and write it! Just be sure to write it up on your favorite text editing program and send it to me for proofreading. Please note: We will not accept any book that has not been proofread by either me, or someone else on the proofreading team (if we get more people to proofread other than me that is) Oh, and just because I'm sure there's someone out there that's going to do this, I'm just going to say it here. No inappropriate content (racism, homophobic things, etc.).

Now, a summary for all those lazy people who didn't read all of that (or missed the key points):
  1. We want players to write books for our Library
  2. All books must be written in a text editor and sent to someone on the proofreading team
  3. No books will be accepted that have not been proofread

If you have accidentally wrote your book in a minecraft book, that's fine. We'll let you off with a warning not to do it again, and we'll attempt to edit it from the book. Just note it may be put to the bottom of the list for a while because it takes much longer to edit them. If you do it again after a warning, we will not accept it and you'll have to rewrite it in a text editor.

Proofreading Team:
  1. PoeyJoey: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  2. motorthud: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  3. riccardo164: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  4. tigs?

Just send them to my email for now... I'm working on a better submission system. Suggestions are welcome.
~Poey~
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by PoeyJoey.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Books, books, books! (We need 'em) 8 years 5 months ago #2687

• riccardo164
  • Citizen
  • Thank you received: 20
I've wanted to help with the library for a while, and since I'm visiting colleges, proofreading is about as much as I can do. You've seen my writing ability.
If you take up my offer, my email is: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Books, books, books! (We need 'em) 8 years 5 months ago #2689

• skysquid116
  • Mod Vet
  • Thank you received: 29
It amazes me how much organization Shiro and Joey are putting into this library.

I will be proofing books too, as far as I know all text will go through me or shiro for final approval before being added to the library. My email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

It's actually possible to copy-paste text into books on windows, one mc page at a time. A minecraft page is 13 lines with 19 characters per line, making an average of 45 words per page. It will take a while to copy-paste a whole story only 45 words at a time, but it's better than typing.
The books can be 50 pages long. So a story longer than about 2200 words, or 5 and a half pages in Word, will be in multiple volumes.

Books, books, books! (We need 'em) 8 years 5 months ago #2763

• PoeyJoey
  • Mod
  • Thank you received: 14
*bump*
~Poey~

Books, books, books! (We need 'em) 8 years 4 months ago #2780

• MothrShip
  • Mentor
  • Thank you received: 47
I can grammer so gud so poey can I edit?

If so

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Books, books, books! (We need 'em) 8 years 4 months ago #2793

• LordSword64
  • Citizen
  • Thank you received: 15
I'm a pretty good speller, I don't have email so just /mail me, okay?

Books, books, books! (We need 'em) 8 years 4 months ago #2856

• MothrShip
  • Mentor
  • Thank you received: 47
Erm Lord, I think that they email a whole document... Just sayin
  • Page: