Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Rank: Mentor

Re: New Rank: Mentor 9 years 3 months ago #1881

• Kardon_Trigger
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 98
BearTheBirdy, what you described would be ideal, and did in fact work with our previous player populations on past maps. However, the player population has changed over time.

The basic purpose of the Mentor is to be a source of information for new players. The mentor would be someone that is helpful and dependable. This new rank will enable new players to have someone that they can connect with as soon as they start the server. There are several other reasons but this is the gist of it.
The topic has been locked.

Math for mentor! 9 years 3 months ago #1883

I'm excited to see this new rank be taken into effect.

I think that math_nerd would be a good candidate for the mentor rank. And I'm not saying that just because he's my brother. If you've seen him, he is always online, always willing to help, and very giving to others. Even when some are not on, i have always seen him been helpful to others getting started, giving them tips,and is knowledgeable on how mcmmo works, etc.

I think that math_nerd meets all the qualifications needed for this rank.

Re: New Rank: Mentor 9 years 3 months ago #1886

• BearTheBirdy
  • Donator
  • Thank you received: 1
Have things really changed that much?
Its ideal yes, But whenever I'm online, I've still seen people being very helpful..

And the amount of work you would have 2 put into the mentor thing would be huge ( Im not saying its a bad thing, but as for these mentors, would have 2 stop what they are doing and go too the new players ) So the amount of mentors needed would be really high.

I just think its silly, if you want more people on the server. Then maybe they shouldn't start out with being in badlands? :s Thats just goofy, since they are first met with the pvp-part.. and lets face it, many players don't want pvp.. they just want 2 build :s

Anda didnt BossSMP, once under all the rule signs at spawn, have some signs with names on that the player could ask? like a tour guide?

Re: New Rank: Mentor 9 years 3 months ago #1887

• ecao
  • Citizen
  • Thank you received: 15
Okay, first off, it's good to see you again, Bear. :P
Secondly, thanks Furry for nominating me, but I'm barely ever online anymore, so I may not be able to help people as much.
All I have to say again, lots of schoolwork piling up, I forgot to do my homework for a few days in a row. >_<
I've kinda left. Might be around some other time :/

Re: New Rank: Mentor 9 years 3 months ago #1901

• MothrShip
  • Mentor
  • Thank you received: 47
Bad Ethernet_Cow! Do your homework! Lol I miss you,we all do!
I think that bigger_math_nerd and math_nerd would both be good mentors! They are nice, kind, and very helpful, and they are online often
The following user(s) said Thank You: bigger_math_nerd

Re: New Rank: Mentor 9 years 3 months ago #1909

• Geo86rge
  • Citizen
  • Thank you received: 1
I would like to Nominate Gmmusg because I Think he is really responsible. I really dont have anything else to say other then Potato :/ :lol:
Last Edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Geo86rge.

Re: New Rank: Mentor 9 years 3 months ago #1913

• Chi_Cao
  • Citizen
  • Thank you received: 2
May I ask, how many "Mentors" are there allowed to be?
In the end, all things will be known.- Chi

Re: New Rank: Mentor 9 years 3 months ago #1921

• buzzyb
  • Mod Vet
  • Thank you received: 6
I'd like to nominate Adsokan for the Mentor rank. Adsokan has been playing for as long as I can remember and we have been great friends since Mondas. I always see him directing new players and helping out ANYONE in need.

Re: New Rank: Mentor 9 years 3 months ago #1935

• MothrShip
  • Mentor
  • Thank you received: 47
Bear, if someone is serious about being a mentor, they are kind enough to take some time to help a noob/visitor a little, but i see what you are saying here

Re: New Rank: Mentor 9 years 3 months ago #1938

• Duomaxwel
  • Veteran
  • Thank you received: 5
Nominations are now closed. Stay tuned for a post with the list of canidates for you to vote on.
  • Page: