Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: A message to all of BossSMP

A message to all of BossSMP 5 years 4 months ago #2503

• Archlinder
  • Nether Chicken
  • Thank you received: 86
Recently, there was a ticket posted, and it disturbed me a little bit. A suggestion for a "lower rank day". I spent some time thinking on this, and there are some things I would like to say to that, but I thought that perhaps a forum post might be better, instead of simply a ticket reply.

Here on BossSMP, there is no such thing as a "lower" Rank. There are only different ranks. Each Rank has a VERY important role to play on our great server. Admins and Mods help bring order to the land and maintain the peace as well as the technical aspect of the server, so sometimes we may not seem to have as much time as we would like to spend playing with and talking to other players, but that is only because we are so dedicated to bring you, (the players) the very BEST Minecraft and BossSMP has to offer. Our Mentors are Citizens who have shown a dedication to the server and have been given a position that helps them better serve. They are there to help in any way they can, by showing new players the ropes, keeping a lookout for those who have questions, and relaying server news to all. Donators are players that simply wanted to say thank you in a monetary way, to all of BossSMP. They in turn are given a few perks as a thank you in return, but nothing that would give an unfair advantage in game play. Here at BossSMP, we are not out to make money, we are not here to milk wallets for god tools. We are here because we love playing Minecraft, and more than that, we enjoy the company that comes with playing Minecraft on BossSMP. Most important of all, are our Citizens. You Citizens are the foundation of BossSMP. Without you, we would not be the great community we are today. Without you, we would simply be one of a million servers out there, all clones of each other, but BECAUSE of our Citizens, we are a THRIVING community of friends, who are ever striving for the future, reaching and building higher, grander, digging deeper, and exploring new and exciting dimensions and worlds.

I suppose what I am trying to say is, if you want a National lower ranks day, you already have one. It is every day on BossSMP. We celebrate you all equally because we are all but a part of the whole. We, together, are BossSMP. ^_^
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A message to all of BossSMP 5 years 4 months ago #2504

• MothrShip
  • Mentor
  • Thank you received: 47
Not sure what to say other than that was the most inspiringly accurate forum post ever.

A message to all of BossSMP 5 years 4 months ago #2505

• MothrShip
  • Mentor
Archlinder wrote:
You, (the players) the very BEST Minecraft and BossSMP has to offer. Without you, we would not be the great community we are today.
Attachments:

A message to all of BossSMP 5 years 4 months ago #2511

• Archlinder
  • Nether Chicken
  • Thank you received: 86
Lol nice.

A message to all of BossSMP 5 years 4 months ago #2512

• tornadodead
  • Donator
  • Thank you received: 4
I'd like to add to this very well said statement that I have seen a good number of players that think that their rank directly correlates to their recognition and that they have very little recognition without that rank. As a result of this idea, some players have even gotten rather angry and left the server :( If you ask me, that idea is opposite to the truth! In reality, your rank is not really based on your recognition, but how effective you are at serving the community. So, focus not on achieving higher ranks, but serving in the best of your capacity where you are now and be content with what you have. After all, whoever wishes to be first must be slave of all. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shirokurousa, riccardo164

A message to all of BossSMP 5 years 4 months ago #2513

• Chi_Cao
  • Citizen
  • Thank you received: 2
You almost made me sound important. B)
In the end, all things will be known.- Chi

A message to all of BossSMP 5 years 4 months ago #2515

• Kardon_Trigger
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 87
Arch, before I saw your post, I wrote out a reply to ojo. After I saw your post, I redacted my reply because your said it much better. Thanks Arch :)

A message to all of BossSMP 5 years 4 months ago #2530

Here on BossSMP, there is no such thing as a "lower" Rank. There are only different ranks.

I think we can all agree, that every rank is lower compared to Veterans.

A message to all of BossSMP 5 years 4 months ago #2534

• MothrShip
  • Mentor
pfft. Visitor is last alphabetically so it MUST be the best, right? :huh:

A message to all of BossSMP 5 years 3 months ago #2598

• BlueStar5281
  • Mentor
  • Thank you received: 11
:cheer: Im glad this was said :silly: :side: :pinch: :P :lol: B)

A message to all of BossSMP 5 years 3 months ago #2601

• Chi_Cao
  • Citizen
  • Thank you received: 2
I didn't even read the whole thing. It hurts my imaginary brain :pinch:
In the end, all things will be known.- Chi
  • Page: