Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Roads Thread

The Roads Thread 7 years 10 months ago #2529

Now that we have horses, it seems like it would make sense to have some sort of system of roadways or paths through the world allowing us to get from one area to another without having to manage thick forests or lead your horse through water.

I started building a ranch in the south of the main continent, near my islands, and am planning a road I'll be working on this weekend from there to my giant pencil at spawn. See map here. I think it would be good to keep the roads fairly inconspicuous, maybe just a 2 block wide cobble trail flush with the land.

I think it would be really cool to be able to link up the major towns. Let me know if you guys have any idea for major road routes, or any issues you think might come up. I don't want to be intruding on anyone else's property, so for now I'll try to avoid areas that are clearly occupied unless the owner wants a road through their area.

I also think it's important to work together on these, making sure that there arent a million parallel roads, that all go basically to the same area. A few major roads, with branches off of them would work the best, and take up the least amount of land.
Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by dixonticonderoga.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: riccardo164, MothrShip

The Roads Thread 7 years 10 months ago #2531

• riccardo164
  • Citizen
  • Thank you received: 20
That's actually a really good idea, Guy Fieri!
I can definitely help with that, and Torn and I can make a system that goes North, through our town.

The Roads Thread 7 years 10 months ago #2532

• tornadodead
  • Donator
  • Thank you received: 4
It appears that horses are making my proposed subway to link Armadilloville, Valhalla, and Fluffy's town a bit obsolete :P. At any rate, maybe a decent road would be a more feasible solution for horse travel anyway.

The Roads Thread 7 years 10 months ago #2535

• MothrShip
  • Mentor
  • Thank you received: 47
I have already begun collection of resources for nice looking roads connecting the major towns, beyond that possibly to far off individual estates? If something is really far out, i don't know if you can warp with horses or what, but that would be an easy way to get TO the roads, and then your destination.
Thanks for the post, Dix.

The Roads Thread 7 years 7 months ago #2936

• tornadodead
  • Donator
  • Thank you received: 4
a couple months in and there are indeed roads! I have started numbering them even numbers from south to north and even numbers west to east. So, we now have hwy 10 extending west from spawn along with highway 9 going out of spawn to the north and south. slightly west, there is hwy 7 and forming a complete loop around spawn, Valhalla, Armadilloville, and bbq/fluffy's town is hwy 209. Enjoy the roads! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: riccardo164, MichikoUsagi
  • Page: