Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ideas

Ideas 7 years 7 months ago #3466

• cooster2
  • Mod
  • Thank you received: 63
So as many threads have pointed out, the server has been sort of slow as of late, the following is merely SUGGESTIONS, nothing is written in stone.

1- wipe it all- I say fresh start, wipe all MCMMO, money, buildings, everything. I'v been here for 2+ years and the challenge that comes with the game is now minimal, and i know some other players are in the same position.

2- More ranks- As we acquire a bigger player base, more ranks would be nice to show players that we are happy that they are spending time on our server (i'll email the admins to expand on this one)

3- Advertising- This one is a given, we just need to advertise more.

4- Newer plugins- New plugins get released on bukkit quite often i believe, and trying some of those out on the server from time to time would be cool. I know KR has been asking for suggestions for a while, i just honestly don't know what plugins are good and what are bad

5- Staff- There are very few, if any mods that still play on the server, i think adding some new ones could be fun.

These are just suggestions, feel free to leave feedback.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oddy25, Shirokurousa, riccardo164, LordSword64, Lime

Ideas 7 years 7 months ago #3467

• minecrafty123
  • Citizen
  • Thank you received: 12
I like the ideas cooster!

Ideas 7 years 7 months ago #3468

• LordSword64
  • Citizen
  • Thank you received: 15
Great ideas! I am now super excited =D

Ideas 7 years 7 months ago #3470

• alia_poo
  • Donator
  • Thank you received: 13
Well...I'm for everything except the start fresh...It's taken me 2 years to build my cozy little town, and I'm not very keen on giving it up :I

Ideas 7 years 7 months ago #3471

• oddy25
  • Donator
  • Thank you received: 7
Seems a good idea to have fresh start, I mean. It getting tired some just to have a lot of items getting transfer from one world to another and expect to have a paradise of boredom from motherload that people have been collecting. We should have new world and try have some challenges again, I would like to start over doing things to build like factories, naval ships, town, and so on.

Ideas 7 years 7 months ago #3473

• cooster2
  • Mod
  • Thank you received: 63
I also reccomending upgrading the forum software. We have been using this system for a long time, and i think xenforo xenforo.com/ would be a really awesome upgrade. There are some awesome plugins you can use specifically for minecraft server, could not recommend it more. It has easy to use ticket systems, some awesome things we can use to bring more people to the server.

Ideas 7 years 7 months ago #3475

• alia_poo
  • Donator
I hate fresh starts, MY POOR FARM ANIMALS WOULD MISS MISS MOO SO MUCH! D:

Ideas 7 years 7 months ago #3476

• idasomfan
  • Mod
  • Thank you received: 28
Awesome ideas, Coo! I don't want mcMMO to be reset though, lol. But everything else!

Also, I think the current map sucks to be honest... Too many hills and mountains and what not. I bet it looks really cool if you're an admin and can just fly everywhere, but it's pretty annoying as a regular player.

And I miss the map on the website. Won't that plugin update or what's the deal? :I

Ideas 7 years 7 months ago #3477

• riccardo164
  • Citizen
  • Thank you received: 20
I really like all your ideas, Cooster!

1 & 2. As the highest legit MCMMO player and one of the wealthiest, if I would be willing to give up all my hours of work building stats/money, I think everyone should give it a shot. Yes, it does give a sense of accomplishment, but having more ranks to show commitment and hard work is just as nice and keeps the game still fun and engaging.
Having triple drops and 30 second long superbreaker/digger makes the game a lot less challenging. This doesn't only apply to high-stat players like myself but also mid-stat players too with double drops and 15-20 second long breakers.

3. Advertising is a big one, we need to get ourselves out there on MCForums, PlanetMC, voting sites, etc.

4. Newer plugins I feel is pretty important too. The most important thing plugin-wise we need, in my opinion, is a solid economy plugin similar to Jobs or Quests. This is crucial to our server, and takes away the dullness of selling to server.

5. Staff is something that should come later on after we get more players, the amount of staff we have available now should be able to suit 10-15 players on at any given time, which is our primary target server population.
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by riccardo164.

Ideas 7 years 7 months ago #3478

• motorthud
  • Mod
  • Thank you received: 42
I, for one, completely agree. It's getting boring just going around the same old map while overpowered and rich. Transferring is a chore and the map is too hilly and crowded in the habitable areas. As with ranks, I feel people need to feel needed and that ranks for things like helping or murdering or building (or helping murder a building) would be a nice invitation back for some.
"Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence."
-Edgar Allen Poe
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by motorthud.
The following user(s) said Thank You: riccardo164

Ideas 7 years 7 months ago #3479

• alia_poo
  • Donator
I think i like the idea of murder ranks....Okay, fine, I'll give it a shot. =.=

Ideas 7 years 7 months ago #3481

• Shirokurousa
  • Mod
  • Thank you received: 84
I think that all of the above ideas are great!

We could also have some kind of adventure map to do for fun. Maybe we could have some kind of guild/grouping system that will let us do the adventure maps together or something. For example, one person would have to stand on a pressure plate and one person open a chest.. idk... like... Co-op adventure maps!

There could be a creative world map for building. It's hard knowing exactly who griefed but maybe there could be a few players that patrol the creative world map once in a while to check if anyone griefed the map and rollback damages.

Lets start off fresh with a few new plugins, a new SMP map, mcMMO levels, and money!

:cheer: :woohoo: :cheer:

PS Bring all your friends to play on Boss! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LordSword64

Ideas 7 years 7 months ago #3482

• LordSword64
  • Citizen
  • Thank you received: 15
idasomfan wrote:
And I miss the map on the website. Won't that plugin update or what's the deal? :I
Supposedly the map crashes every time they try to get it up, they are working on it I think
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by LordSword64. Reason: typo =P
  • Page: