Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fav Anime

Fav Anime 7 years 4 months ago #3740

• Kardon_Trigger
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 98
Anime lovers!

What is your favorite anime? I know most of us have at least a dozen or so.
Make a list and respond to this post!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glorl, Lazymunky94, PoeyJoey, Shirokurousa

Fav Anime 7 years 4 months ago #3741

• PoeyJoey
  • Mod
  • Thank you received: 14
My favorite animes are mainly based off of what's most memorable. So just because an anime isn't on this list doesn't mean it's not good, it's just what I remember enjoying the best. Anyway, lets get to it!
  1. Sword Art Online
    • First anime I ever watched. Not the best anime of all time ever, but it's my most favorite.
  2. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    • The best anime of all time ever (in my opinion). Don't watch this anime first if you've never watched anime before. It'll set the bar for all future animes you watch way too high.
  3. Angel Beats!
    • Huge "feels" anime with a bit of comedy mixed in. Watch if you wanna have a good cry.
  4. Clannad / Clannad: After Story
    • Another "feels" anime, but much longer and a little less comedy than Angel Beats. Lots of character development too.
  5. The World God Only Knows
    • A fun anime to watch with an interesting plot.
  6. K-On!
    • A "slice of life" anime about a group of high school girls who all join a music club.
  7. Love Live!
    • Another anime about a group of high school girls who join together to form an idol club.
  8. My Bride is a Mermaid
    • A hilarious anime about a boy who either has to get married to a mermaid or die. Lots of references and an all around good time. Best watched dubbed.
  9. The Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat
    • The title of this one is misleading. No, it's not Hentai. It's a comedy about a boy who doesn't want to hold his feelings in so he won't have to be the president of the track team and is soon labeled as the "Hentai Prince" at school because of this.
  10. The Pet Girl of Sakurasou
    • I kinda enjoyed this one because the main character wants to do something in the future similar to what I want to do in the future. I'm not gonna spoil it though! :P

I'm sure I missed quite a few, but oh well. It's difficult to remember every single anime you've ever watched when you've watched over 50 different animes (probably). You don't need to go in depth with ever anime like I did. You can just list them if you want. I just felt the need to explain why they're in the order that they're in. I'm very interested in seeing everyone else's lists!
~Poey~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kardon_Trigger, Shirokurousa

Fav Anime 7 years 4 months ago #3742

• Archlinder
  • Nether Chicken
  • Thank you received: 87
Tri-Gun
Set in an alternative space, wild west. It's funny, witty, sometimes serious, and one of my fav animes of all time. ^_^

Cowboy bebob
A mostly serious series, set in space, with a dash of humor, and a touch of mystery.

Hellsing
Set in England, the true power of evil surfaces to save God and Queen. Well...maybe not God...

Fullmetal Alchemist (Brotherhood)
Doesn't mater. Watch it.

Outlaw Star
Same. Watch it. Love it.
Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Archlinder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kardon_Trigger, PoeyJoey, Shirokurousa

Fav Anime 7 years 4 months ago #3743

• MothrShip
  • Mentor
  • Thank you received: 47
Sword Art Online:
Generally quite enjoyable, also my first anime ever.

Log Horizon:
Basically Sword Art Online with strategy, less perma-death.

(Ty Shiro)
Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by MothrShip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kardon_Trigger, PoeyJoey, Shirokurousa

Fav Anime 7 years 4 months ago #3748

• Shirokurousa
  • Mod
  • Thank you received: 84
Looooooolllll

Otaku powers, activate!!!
*You can ignore my ratings, just my personal opinion. :)
This is somewhat my top 10 favorites, but I feel like I'm forgetting some, lol. Enjoy!

1. Ouran High School Host Club (桜蘭高校ホスト部)lol best shoujo ever; rate 10/10

ouran.jpg

2. No Game No Life (ノーゲームノーライフ) 
Art style is sugoi, plot is very good, warning: not meant for kids to watch; rate 10/10.

ngnl.png

3. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (鋼の錬金術師)
Hilarious, one of the classics; rate 10/10

fmabro.jpg

4. Sword Art Online (ソードアートオンライン)
one of my first anime that I watched so it has a special place in my kokoro; rate 9.5/10, some parts could be better. Amazing OPs/EDs though!!!

sword-art-online-poster.jpg

5. Your Lie in April (四月は君の嘘)
SO MANY FEELS! Cri evry tiem. Seriously, this gives you an overload of feels; rate 9/10

yourlie.jpg

6. Aldnoah.Zero (アルドノア・ゼロ)
Idk, I just really like the animation and characters; rate 9/10

767167-aldnoah_zero_large.jpg

7. Kamisama Kiss (神様はじめました)
One of my favorite shoujos, better if you read the manga first; rate 8.5/10

kamisama-kiss-cover.jpg

8. My Little Monster (となりの怪物くん)
It is a shoujo, but extremely hilarious, Nagoya <3; rate 8.5/10

mylittlemonster.jpg

9. Fruits Basket (フルーツバスケット)
Kind of generic shoujo, but it had a lot of feels (to me at least...); rate 8/10

furuba.jpg

10. Future Diary (未来日記)
Warning: very graphic, may not be suitable for all viewers. Lots of gore and fighting; rate 8.5/10

600full-future-diary-poster.jpg

Honorable Mentions:
- Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE! (美男高校地球防衛部LOVE!)
- Yona of the Dawn (曉のヨナ)
- I Can't Understand What My Husband is Saying (旦那が何を言っているかわからない件)
- Tokyo Ghoul (東京喰種・トーキョーグール) (Season 1 only!!!)
- Blue Spring Ride (アオハライド) (doesn't have a good plot development, needs a second season. Manga is very good!)
- Beyond the Boundary (境界の彼方)

Thanks for reading!
Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Shirokurousa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kardon_Trigger, PoeyJoey

Fav Anime 7 years 1 month ago #3786

• Glorl
  • Mod
  • Thank you received: 5
Here's my list of favorites. Hopefully I wasn't too long winded... > .>

1.Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
The story is staged in the distant future within our own Milky Way Galaxy, approximately in the late 36th century. A portion of the galaxy is filled with terraformed worlds inhabited by interstellar traveling human beings. For 150 years two mighty space powers have intermittently warred with each other: the Galactic Empire and the Free Planets Alliance.

2.Captain Harlock(1979)
Though there are slight variations in each telling of Harlock's story, the essentials remain the same. Matsumoto presents a future (2977 AD) in which the Earth has achieved a vast starfaring civilization, but is slowly and steadily succumbing to ennui or despair, often due to defeat and subjugation by a foreign invader. Rising against the general apathy, Harlock denies defeat and leads an outlaw crew aboard his starship Arcadia to undertake daring raids against Earth's oppressors. Even though they have defeated Earth and devastated its peoples, the invaders are often presented in a sympathetic light, being shown as having some justification for their actions. This series presented a story arc in which a huge black metal sphere strikes Tokyo and ancient Mayan legends appear to be walking the Earth again. The invaders turn out to be the Mazone, a race of plant-based women who explored Earth in the mythic past and are now back to reclaim it. Only Harlock and his mismatched crew are brave and capable enough to face the enemy.

3.lupin III series, and movies.
Arsène Lupin III, the grandson of the fictional gentleman thief, Arsène Lupin, is considered the world's greatest thief, known for announcing his intentions to steal valuable objects by sending a calling card to the owners of his desired items. His right-hand man and closest ally is Daisuke Jigen, an expert marksman who can accurately shoot a target in 0.3 seconds. Although Lupin and Jigen frequently work as a two-man team, they are often joined by Goemon Ishikawa XIII, a master swordsman whose sword can cut anything, or Fujiko Mine, a femme fatale and Lupin's love interest.

4.Trigun
Trigun revolves around a man known as "Vash the Stampede" and two Bernardelli Insurance Society employees, Meryl Stryfe and Milly Thompson, who follow him around in order to minimize the damages inevitably caused by his appearance. Most of the damage attributed to Vash is actually caused by bounty hunters in pursuit of the sixty billion double dollars bounty on Vash's head.

5.Knights of Sidonia
The story is set in the year 3394, a thousand years after humans flee from Earth, after it was destroyed by shapeshifting gigantic alien monsters called Gauna, aboard massive spaceships created from the remains of the planet. One such ship is the "Sidonia", which has developed its own human culture closely based on that of Japan, where human cloning, asexual reproduction, and human genetic engineering, such as granting humans photosynthesis, are commonplace.

6.Cowboy Bebop
In 2071, roughly sixty years after an accident with a hyperspace gateway made the Earth uninhabitable, humanity has colonized most of the rocky planets and moons of the Solar System. Amid a rising crime rate, the Inter Solar System Police (ISSP) set up a legalized contract system, in which registered bounty hunters (also referred to as "Cowboys") chase criminals and bring them in alive in return for a reward. The series protagonists are bounty hunters working from the spaceship Bebop.

7.Rurouni Kenshin
In the early Meiji era, after participating in the Bakumatsu war as the assassin "Hitokiri Battōsai", Himura Kenshin wanders the countryside of Japan offering protection and aid to those in need as atonement for the murders he once committed.

8.YuYu Hakusho
YuYu Hakusho follows Yusuke Urameshi, a street-brawling delinquent who, in an uncharacteristic act of altruism, is hit by a car and killed in an attempt to save a young boy by pushing him out of the way. His ghost is greeted by Botan, a woman who introduces herself as the pilot of the River Styx, who ferries souls to the "Underworld" or Spirit World where they may be judged for the afterlife. Botan informs Yusuke that his act had caught even the Underworld by surprise and that there was not yet a place made for him in either heaven or hell. Thus Koenma, son of the Underworld's ruler King Enma, offers Yusuke a chance to return to his body through a series of tests.

9.Mushishi
The story features ubiquitous creatures called Mushi that often display what appear as supernatural powers. It is implied that there are many more lifeforms more primitive than "normal" living things such as animals, plants, fungi and bacteria, and Mushi is the most primitive of all. Due to their ethereal nature most humans are incapable of perceiving Mushi and are oblivious to their existence, but there are a few who possess the ability to see and interact with Mushi. One such person is Ginko, the main character of the series. He employs himself as a Mushi Master, traveling from place to place to research Mushi and aid people suffering from problems caused by them.

10.Kimi ni Todoke
Sawako Kuronuma - dubbed Sadako by her classmates for her resemblance to the character from The Ring - has always been feared and misunderstood because of her appearance; rumors around school report that she can see ghosts and curse people. However, despite her ominous appearance, she is actually a sweet and timid girl who only longs to be able to make friends and be liked by everyone else.

11.Fruits Basket
When high school student Tohru Honda's mother dies in a car crash on her way to work in the parking lot, she decides to live with her grandfather. Renovations on the house and unsupportive and unkind family members cause her to move out of her grandfather's house temporarily and, since she has nowhere else to go, Tohru begins living in a tent and supporting herself. That is, until she finds a home in the least likely of places, inhabited by her popular classmate Yuki Sohma and his cousins Shigure and Kyo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shirokurousa
  • Page: