Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: In 3 days I'll have spinal surgery.

In 3 days I'll have spinal surgery. 4 years 5 months ago #4051

• Archlinder
  • Nether Chicken
  • Thank you received: 87
There is always the chance for things to go wrong. More often than not they go right. Things turn out great and life continues. If this isn't one of those times. Thank you. BossSMP for being my family. I remember the day I started playing BossSMP. was the 3rd server I'd tried after downloading Minecraft for the first time, the other 2 wee covered in swastikas. Since this one wasn't, I figured I'd stay for a bit, or as long as they let me. ran from spawn, the busy shadowboxes, the Tokyo town, and the ever growing occupancy. I found a mountain, and I carved it out. I found out how to make shops and I started collecting and selling what I could. I remember BP telling me that the mountain I wanted him to protect was "too big" when I petitioned the admins. Soon, through the use of current plugins and the help of other players, I alone became wealthier than the largest town on the map combined. I controlled the economy, but it wasn't enough. I wanted more. I wanted to be remembered in a game I had barely begun. I wanted friends who would know me beyond pixels and screen caps. Soon, the map changed, so did the player base. Pangaea became Kobalt, became Laurasia, became...I don't even remember now...

Story became bedtime story, became myth and birthed a legend. The NetherChicken was born. I became a Diety. I suppose it's what I wanted, but what I wanted more than anything. Was friends. BossSMP had become my family, but those who played it. Cultivated the maps, the economy, the empire. YOU became my family. So thank you. If I don't call you by name, don't think you are forgotten, but are a grain of sand in the ocean of players I have enjoyed playing with. Each of you hasd made my life special is some way. Thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kardon_Trigger, Shirokurousa

In 3 days I'll have spinal surgery. 4 years 5 months ago #4053

• Kardon_Trigger
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 97
Arch, I think many of us feel the same way you do about BossSMP being like a family. I remember when you joined the server, and the ambitions you had. Funny how you, loi, and I became Admins at the same time. It has been a lot of fun, from the grassapocalypse, to the massive tnt you set off, so your building Arcameon (I always spell it wrong.) Oh the nostalgia, here is to many more years on BossSMP.

As for the surgery, you know what they say, "hope for the best, prepare for the worst, and pray for the rest." On that note, I'll be praying for you man. Something like that is a big deal, and I hope the doctors and nurses do everything they can to get you back in action.
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Kardon_Trigger.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Archlinder, Shirokurousa

In 3 days I'll have spinal surgery. 4 years 5 months ago #4054

• Shirokurousa
  • Mod
  • Thank you received: 84
Thank you for writing this, it was both interesting and touching to read. I'll always cherish the memories we have :woohoo: Got your back fam.
Never fear, Shiro is here! and I sincerely hope all goes well with your surgery. :)

"Passions weaken, but our bond strengthens"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kardon_Trigger, Archlinder

In 3 days I'll have spinal surgery. 4 years 5 months ago #4055

• Kardon_Trigger
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 97
Hey Arch, when you get to feeling like it, tell us how it's going. It has been a few days, hope you are feeling as good as can be expected, and doing ok man.

In 3 days I'll have spinal surgery. 4 years 5 months ago #4056

• Archlinder
  • Nether Chicken
  • Thank you received: 87
Well, I'm alive lol surgery went well. Now it's recovery time. In a LOT of pain and sitting in my old tatty desk chair just isn't an option for very long. Thanks everyone for the good thoughts and vibes.

In 3 days I'll have spinal surgery. 4 years 4 months ago #4058

• boomer60
  • Mod
Good to hear your still alive ! get better soon
  • Page: