Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Suggestion: New Rank for Old or Dedicated Players

Suggestion: New Rank for Old or Dedicated Players 9 years 1 month ago #682

• Kylerr
  • Citizen
Howdy. I've been playing (and pretty active) on this server for quite a long time now, since Pangaea, and haven't ranked up once. I'm not asking for a promotion, as I am not on this server quite enough for Mod, but I do think that people like me should be recognized for playing this long. I was thinking of possible ways to get people recognized for their dedication. The only conclusion that came to mind is to add a new rank. If you added a new rank, it also might encourage people to stay longer, be more dedicated, and give people something to work towards. When guests join, it'd be easier for them to know who to ask for help, too. Personally, I really just want the recognition, not power, so I don't think there would have to be any special commands. Just a prefix or a new color. Possibly call it "Oldtimer", "Veteran", or "Elder". Maybe older mods should also get a rank like "Elder Mod", because I've noticed there are alot of newer mods, too. Some ideas, tell me what you guys think :)
Signatures are for n00bz
Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Kylerr.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Suggestion: New Rank for Old or Dedicated Players 9 years 1 month ago #683

• Dulden
  • Citizen
I agree with this, I too have been playing since the world of Mondas. If anything maybe just a nickname, or prefix that says Veteran, or Elder. That way you can tell who's older, and people like guests can spot out who to ask for help, and who knows the server really well.

Re: Suggestion: New Rank for Old or Dedicated Players 9 years 1 month ago #685

• buzzyb
  • Mod Vet
  • Thank you received: 6
Actually, Veteran is already a current rank. It's for Admins that retired (only Veteran is dixon). I actually support this idea. It would have to be a name that is more obvious so we don't get people constantly asking how to become one. Otherwise, great idea :D

Re: Suggestion: New Rank for Old or Dedicated Players 9 years 1 month ago #686

• Dulden
  • Citizen
You should make the current veteran into Retired, and then make the new veteran. That sounds like a good deal.

Re: Suggestion: New Rank for Old or Dedicated Players 9 years 1 month ago #687

• riccardo164
  • Citizen
  • Thank you received: 20
I think Kylerr's proposal is an excellent idea. This is one of the best ways we can increase the "player retention rate" that I was hinting to my friend cooster2. In addition to advertisement campaigns to gain players, we need to make sure that they will stay. Not only does this give incentive to new players, but also increases the retention rate of long-standing players. The number of players who play consistently is shrinking, and the only way we can prevent that is through player retention measures couple with advertisement campaigns. This is an awesome first step. Thank you guys.

Re: Suggestion: New Rank for Old or Dedicated Players 9 years 1 month ago #689

• cooster2
  • Mod
  • Thank you received: 63
I find this intresting. Kyler i would email this to the admins to see what they think about it. I do like the idea for this rank but if anything i would THINK that it would just be a title no new powers. I could be 100% wrong though. But definatly email the admins about it and see what they think. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re: Suggestion: New Rank for Old or Dedicated Players 9 years 1 month ago #691

• ecao
  • Citizen
  • Thank you received: 15
I agree with this suggestion. I have been playing for over a year now, and have always come to this server. I support a new rank for old players!
I've kinda left. Might be around some other time :/

Re: Suggestion: New Rank for Old or Dedicated Players 9 years 1 month ago #720

• skysquid116
  • Mod Vet
  • Thank you received: 29
I really like this idea. It will allow us to respect our loyal players without having to unbalance the server with too many mods. I will support this idea 100%, I hope the admins will like this idea.
If we do make this a rank, it could perhaps have very small but special perks unique to them, like maybe a "old timer chat" or a slight edge in mcmmo. Not sure though, we'll see what happens.

Though there is the problem of what to do with the donators who are old players. Would they choose which rank? Or perhaps they would be "Veteran Donators"

Re: Suggestion: New Rank for Old or Dedicated Players 9 years 1 month ago #721

• Geo86rge
  • Citizen
  • Thank you received: 1
:) I To would like to see this happen! It would be a great thing (also make new colour brown if possible XD) Cause brown is for boss and it would be a really great thing for people to know where there elders are at so they can show some respect XD :silly:

Re: Suggestion: New Rank for Old or Dedicated Players 9 years 1 month ago #732

• rorymcnicol
  • Citizen
i like this idea too because ive been playing since mondas and it lets new people not to go and ask people who joined a week ago a question and flutter chat with questions

Re: Suggestion: New Rank for Old or Dedicated Players 9 years 1 month ago #744

• ecao
  • Citizen
I was thinking a rank for everyone who joined in Pangaea, because, well, that world has been gone for so long I feel old compared to 60% of the people on the server.

Re: Suggestion: New Rank for Old or Dedicated Players 9 years 1 month ago #749

• rorymcnicol
  • Citizen
it should be given to anyone who played beta and below on the server

Re: Suggestion: New Rank for Old or Dedicated Players 9 years 1 month ago #752

• cooster2
  • Mod
A few problems with this idea. A old timer chat wouldn't really work for the same reason the mods were emailed about. You guys would spend to much time in the chat and it makes the server look empty. You guys should expire the bulkit plugin list and see what small perk you could get. I don't think it would be anything like compass but something to say we appreacheate the time you spend on the server. And what would be the cut off for this rank. Remember. Creating new ranks is far for
Easy there is a lot of stuff to worry about when making a new rank. There is also the problem of of the admins would go for this. Somebody should email them if you really want stuff like this to go through.

Re: Suggestion: New Rank for Old or Dedicated Players 9 years 1 month ago #753

• Kylerr
  • Citizen
I have emailed the admins, and it seems they're generally on-board with the idea, but they're not sure how they would find the right players for the rank without having to make a new plugin. But I know that there is a plugin out there that tracks peoples playing time already. Regardless, I think it's still pretty easy to determine which people deserve it. As for the perks, I do agree that old timer chat wouldn't really work. But I am sure that there are other small things that Elders could get, such as /tpa, or maybe even /kick if they see someone breaking rules and there are no mods on. I think after playing that long, they would be trusted enough with that power. To be honest, Elders wouldn't really even need any perks, just a prefix.
Signatures are for n00bz

Re: Suggestion: New Rank for Old or Dedicated Players 9 years 1 month ago #754

• cooster2
  • Mod
im not sure if them getting kick would turn out to well. /tpa may work. but the we already fuck around with kick to much i dont know how it would be if like 20+ people had it lol. And yeh it would be easy to see who has been playing longer than others like u, ricc, ads those guys. i think something like tpa would work nicley. not sure how the admins would bite on this but i like it

Re: Suggestion: New Rank for Old or Dedicated Players 9 years 1 month ago #756

• sasuke5ds
  • Citizen
I like this idea... btw a way to tell how long ppl's have been playing would be to use the website and see when the ppl registered! (not sure if it wld work the awy u guyz wld want it to though)

Re: Suggestion: New Rank for Old or Dedicated Players 9 years 1 month ago #796

• ecao
  • Citizen
sasuke5ds wrote:
I like this idea... btw a way to tell how long ppl's have been playing would be to use the website and see when the ppl registered! (not sure if it wld work the awy u guyz wld want it to though)
Wouldn't work for me, because I had 2 accounts. 1303, and Ecao. Both had a forum account, and I used them equally. Basically, it says I've only been on for 6 months, when in fact I've been on for about a year.

Re: Suggestion: New Rank for Old or Dedicated Players 9 years 1 month ago #808

• riccardo164
  • Citizen
  • Thank you received: 20
cooster2 wrote:
im not sure if them getting kick would turn out to well. /tpa may work. but the we already fuck around with kick to much i dont know how it would be if like 20+ people had it lol. And yeh it would be easy to see who has been playing longer than others like u, ricc, ads those guys. i think something like tpa would work nicley. not sure how the admins would bite on this but i like it

Yeah, I agree with cooster on this one. /kick is WAY too over the top as a privilege, and /tpa is questionable. And you guys have to remember that this "New Rank" idea was solely for older players to get a title, no new permissions or abilities. Review your case, and come up with an agreed upon proposal, AND THEN send it to the Admins. We can't have like 5 people saying they want something, another 5 wanting something else, and 5 wanting another thing.

In plain terms:
1. This idea was solely for a new title.
2. Agree on a single proposal
a. Permissions - Yes/No
b. Who gets the new rank? Pangaea/Mondas/Kobol or 1.something and before etc.
c. *Dont get too worked up about the title until more important issues are resolved
3. Discuss it before sending it, to avoid confusion and disorder.
Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by riccardo164.

Re: Suggestion: New Rank for Old or Dedicated Players 9 years 1 month ago #827

• ecao
  • Citizen
riccardo164 wrote:
cooster2 wrote:

Yeah, I agree with cooster on this one. /kick is WAY too over the top as a privilege, and /tpa is questionable. And you guys have to remember that this "New Rank" idea was solely for older players to get a title, no new permissions or abilities. Review your case, and come up with an agreed upon proposal, AND THEN send it to the Admins. We can't have like 5 people saying they want something, another 5 wanting something else, and 5 wanting another thing.

In plain terms:
1. This idea was solely for a new title.
2. Agree on a single proposal
a. Permissions - Yes/No
b. Who gets the new rank? Pangaea/Mondas/Kobol or 1.something and before etc.
c. *Dont get too worked up about the title until more important issues are resolved
3. Discuss it before sending it, to avoid confusion and disorder.
Yes, I think only a new title would be in order. Probably for all Pangaea players because those are the real 'Old-Timers'. Maybe for Mondas players too, because that was a while ago as well.

Re: Suggestion: New Rank for Old or Dedicated Players 9 years 1 month ago #854

• Kardon_Trigger
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 97
Extra powers or abilities? Nope... An extra title? Yep... Methinks something like Corsairs, or Pig_Licks would be fine. lol